Geographic Information Systems
The Geographic Information Systems division supports the Natrona County Citizens and government in their needs for information and decision making tools through the use of intelligent mapping software. The division creates and uses information such as Assessor data, road maintenance activities, zoning, and aerial photos to present maps for County related activities.
It is possible to connect existing county data to map features so that questions similar to "what addresses are within 500 feet of the proposed liquor license?" or "where in the county are the stop signs rated in poor condition?" or "what is the zoning in this area?" can be asked and displayed.
GIS is best when you can interact with the layers and the data. Here are a few local and statewide interactive GIS apps.
- GeoSMART - Natrona County, Casper, Bar Nunn, Evansville & Mills
- WyGISC - Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center
- Wyoming Geospatial Hub - A Discovery and Delivery portal for Wyoming data
- Statewide Parcel Viewer - Property Ownership in the State of Wyoming
- Natural Resource and Energy Explorer - Wyoming's natural, cultural, socioeconomic, and infrastructure resources
- Old Map Collection Online - Discover the Cartography of the Past
Here is a sample of maps created by the GIS Department. Not finding what you are looking for? Contact Natrona County GIS and request a custom made map (fees apply) or try the GeoSMART online mapping tool.
- Casper Metropolitan Area (PDF)
- County Roads (PDF)
- Public & Private Ownership (PDF)
- City Voting Precinct Boundaries (PDF)
- County Voting Precinct Boundaries (PDF)
- Public Buildings in Casper downtown area (PDF)
- Public Buildings in Casper surrounding area (PDF)
- Wyoming Counties License Plate Designations (PDF)