Natrona County Sheriff's Office
We strive to hire the finest, service-oriented people who are committed to serving the citizens of the county with the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and pride.
Deputy Sheriff Entry-Level Requirements
Requirements for becoming a deputy include:
- 21 years of age at time of hiring
- Citizen of the United States of America
- High school graduate or GED certificate of equivalence
- Legally qualified to possess a firearm
- Valid driver's license
- No marijuana use within the last two years
- No elicit drug use (cocaine, methamphetamine, LSD, etc.) within the last five years
- No felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions are subject to review to determine suitability for employment.
- Good moral character.
- Signing a pre-service agreement contract agreeing to a two-year commitment upon completion of Detention and Peace Officer basic training courses
- Starting in the Detention Center as a detention officer