Natrona County Sheriff's Office
We strive to hire the finest, service-oriented people who are committed to serving the citizens of the county with the highest degree of honesty, integrity, and pride.
Deputy Sheriff Entry-Level Requirements
Requirements for becoming a deputy include:
- 21 years of age at time of hiring
- Citizen of the United States of America
- High school graduate or GED certificate of equivalence
- Legally qualified to possess a firearm
- Valid driver's license
- No marijuana use within the last two years
- No elicit drug use (cocaine, methamphetamine, LSD, etc.) within the last five years
- No felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions are subject to review to determine suitability for employment.
- Good moral character.
- Signing a pre-service agreement contract agreeing to a two-year commitment upon completion of Detention and Peace Officer basic training courses
- Starting in the Detention Center as a detention officer
Requirements for general employment differ from deputy position requirements. View example civilian Records Clerk job description and requirements (PDF).
View Employment page.
If you would like to be considered for future openings, contact Undersheriff Mark Sellers:
201 N. David
Casper, WY 82601