Effective August 1, 2023, until further notice from the Board of County Commissioners, Stage One Fire Restrictions, including any open fire or discharge of any class of fireworks is prohibited on all state and private land including, but not limited to, all lands owned by Natrona County or in which Natrona County holds or owns an interest, in the unincorporated areas of Natrona County, subject to the following exceptions:
- Only campfires at residences or campsites, within a fire ring centered within a minimum of a 15 ft. cleared radius of burnable materials are permitted.
- Trash or refuse burned between the hours of 6:00 pm and 8:00 am inside containers equipped with spark arresters that are located within a cleared radius of a minimum of 15 ft. of burnable materials.
- Charcoal fires within enclosed grills are permitted.
- Use of acetylene cutting, electric arc welders, or metal grinding, in a cleared radius of a minimum of 15 ft. of burnable materials is permitted.
- The use of portable stoves, lanterns using gas, jellied petroleum, pressurized liquid fuel or fully enclosed (sheepherder type) stove and open fire branding activities in a cleared radius of 15 ft. is permitted.
The County Fire Warden shall promptly notify the Board of County Commissioners of any changes in the severity of the fire danger.